Simplify Your Home Buying Experience: The Mesimer Team understands that buying a home can be an enormous undertaking. House-hunting is a process. As qualified professionals we will guide you through it and help you to be an informed buyer.
Of particular importance is staying focused and on budget, especially if you are taking on a mortgage. Over the years our team has helped people develop strategies to ensure that they stay on target. Here are a few steps that you may find helpful.
- Establish your goal. Whether you are searching for a dream house, upgrading your current home or looking to downsize, it is imperative to determine what your motivating factor is. This will eliminate wasted time spent viewing homes that don’t meet your priority.
- Make a wish list. Once you have determined your main objective, it’s time to make a list of the amenities and additional features you expect from the property you eventually buy. Brainstorming the “must-haves” and the “nice-to-haves” will help to further narrow down your search field.
- Get pre-approved. Getting mortgage pre-approval will set your budget straight. You’ll find out exactly how much you can afford to spend.
- Look for hidden expenses. There are potential money traps within any house. Find out when major appliances, water heater, roof, etc were last replaced. You don’t want to be surprised by big expenses shortly after moving in.
- Check out the house you are interested in at different times of the day. Is it a traffic nightmare? Does it get noisy? What are the neighbors like? The worst thing that can happen is buying a house only to discover you hate the neighborhood.
- What features do you require in a home to satisfy your lifestyle now and in the future? Determine your range of affordability before exploring your needs, from design preferences to neighborhood choices.
Moving Forward: Once we have helped you find the right home, an offer to the seller is presented. This consists of earnest money to be held in an escrow account and a written agreement. The Sales and Contract Agreement will set forth your terms of the purchase and a schedule of events in order to own the property. This document is a legally binding agreement that our office will prepare.
Processing the Sale: Once the contract is agreed upon and all documents are signed, The Mesimer Team will continue to advocate on your behalf to ensure your best interests are served. Some of the details we handle are:
- Schedule all necessary pre-closing inspections
- Check that finances are deposited according to the contract specifications
- Keep you informed of any unforeseen problems that may arise and offer solutions
- Schedule and attend the pre-closing walk through
- Attend the closing
Final Steps: Upon your complete satisfaction, arrangements will be made to attend a closing. Coordinating the closing will usually be a title company who has your escrow money in account. After furnishing the down payment and whatever other applicable fees have been agreed upon prior to closing, final papers will be signed. After the deed and mortgage are recorded in the Registry of Deeds, you will be a homeowner.