All Children’s Hospital Foundation will host its first Homecoming Dance-An Evening Under the Stars-for patients who are unable to attend their own homecoming due to hospitalization or who, due to life-limiting illness, may never get the opportunity. ACH Homecoming will be an all-day affair, beginning with a Day of Style, where professionals will help our patients and their guests with hair and make-up. At 7 p.m. the patients will be escorted into an evening of music, dance and memories. ACH, a second home to many of our sickest patients, is hosting this event to give patients a chance to celebrate this “rite of passage” and regain a piece of “normalcy’ in their lives, honoring our ACH values of compassion, hope, inspiration and teamwork
DONATION OF ITEMS:
- Prom/homecoming dresses in all sizes
- Tuxes, boys/young men’s jackets
- Boys/young men’s dress pants & dress shirts
- Boys/young men’s ties & belts
- New or very slightly used accessories that can be cleaned (purse, jewelry, hair dress items, etc.)
- New or very slightly used dress shoes
- NEW nail polish
- NEW make-up and make-up applicators
- NEW hair products (gels, hairspray, etc.)
Please deliver items to the Child Life Department (located in the Family Services office; 1st floor main hospital just beyond the pharmacy) prior to September 9. Rogers Cleaners has volunteered to dry clean the items free of charge, and will pick them up directly from Child Life.
Or, I will be happy to pick up from your home or you can drop items off at our office.