Buying or selling a home is one of the most important financial decisions most people make. Choosing the right realtor – someone with whom you have rapport – is equally important.
You want your agent to be professional, trained, and trustworthy and who works in the business full-time. You also want to genuinely like your realtor, given the amount of time you will be working together.
So what makes for a good partnership? As in every relationship, communication is key. When choosing a realtor look for someone who:
- Listens to your needs and takes the time to explain things you might not understand. After all, real estate transactions can be complicated and the terminology confusing;
- Works on your time schedule;
- Returns calls and emails promptly;
- Has a great network of top-notch contractors, appraisers, lenders, and insurance providers in the business;
- Knows his/her neighborhoods and the housing market intimately; and
- Will make a good partner through every step of the real estate journey.