A few years ago Forbes magazine published an article about naming your dog and what the name reveals about your personality. According to the ASPCA, naming a dog is often geared toward what the owners want to see expressed.
Here is a listing of the ten most popular dog names and what they say about their owners. Are you in this group?
- Bear: You love nature and spend your time outdoors, looking for adventure. You also have a loving, caring side to your personality and are yearning for warmth.
- Lady: You have a refined personality. Style and elegance are important to you; you are seeking a dignified and loving companion.
- Bandit: You are probably looking for mischief and excitement in your life, things that are currently lacking.
- Tiger: You are attracted by power and charisma. You are a risk-taker. Same as for “Bear” the owner of a “Tiger” is also probably a fan of outdoor activities and is athletic.
- Baby: You are yearning for innocence and want to be seen as innocent.
- Lucky: You have an optimistic and happy personality and are hopeful.
- Sam: In the case of Sam and Max you are looking for strength in your life. You are striving for simplicity and appreciate straightforwardness. You avoid complications.
- Max: See Sam
- Buddy: You have a straightforward personality, are athletic and appreciate genuine companionship.
- Angel: You have a dreamy, possibly melancholic, personality. Owners of an “Angel” have the feeling the dog is saving them from isolation or even depression.
Remember your dog’s name can be a mirror of what you are looking for in life. Choose wisely.