March is the month of rebirth. We move our clocks one hour forward on the 8th so we can enjoy an extra hour of daylight, and on the 20th we herald the beginning of spring.
March is National Food Holidays month ….. National Fresh Celery Month, National Noodle Month, National Flour Month, National Frozen Food Month, National Nutrition Month, National Peanut Month, National Sauce Month and National Caffeine Awareness Month.
March’s flowers are the Daffodil which speaks to us about forgiveness, trust, honesty and true love and the Shamrock, symbolic of insight and survival.
Here is a list of March events in St. Petersburg that you won’t want to miss.
- 1: Junior League of St. Petersburg Tea Party. Fundraiser and fashion show. Vinoy Renaissance.
- 7: Dali Museum Anniversary Dinner: Black tie fundraiser at the Dali Museum from 6:30pm to 11pm. 727.623.4770.
- 8: Festival of Speed – Vinoy Park
- 11: All Children’s Hospital and Fashion Show: Fundraiser at the Bayou Club. 813.294.3703.
- 12: Art in Bloom Luncheon: Stuart Society Fundraiser for the Museum of Fine Arts. 11:30am Hilton Hotel. Call: 727.823.2579
- 13: Flowers After Hours: Stuart Society Fundraiser for the Museum of Fine Arts. Cocktails and jazz at the Museum. 727.823.2579.
- 14: Hats Off to Service: The Woman’s Service League Fundraiser. 10:30am at the St. Petersburg Yacht Club. Call: 727.381.7443
- 28: Suncoast Hospice Fashion Show Luncheon: Vinoy Renaissance. www.suncoasthospicefoundation.org or call 727.523.3419.
- 27 to 3.29: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- 28: Historic Old Northeast Neighborhood Yard Sale. 8am to 1pm. www.honna.org