“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
Isn’t this a perfect sentiment for a month filled with Valentines coming to you in a dazzling array of parties and events to support our local charities and non-profits? Here is a partial list with more to follow soon.
Join the Museum of Fine Arts as it celebrates its 50th anniversary:
- 2/6-8: 3rd Annual Wine Weekend. This is a three day extravaganza event for you to pick and choose… black tie dinner, international wine auction, 75 live auction lots and an anniversary brunch. For information: Call 727.753.WINE (9463) or visit wineweekendst.pete.org
- Saturday, 2/7: Founder’s Day Open House: The Museum will be open, and free to the public for programs and lectures from 10am – 3pm.
- 2/7 through 5/31: Monet to Matisse—On the French Coast Exhibit
- Thursday, 2/12: Book Club at the MFA. Presented by KEEP ST. PETE LIT, a local organization that supports the literary community. 6:30pm. This month’s book is F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “Tender is the Night”.
Southeastern Guide Dogs St. Petersburg 3K Walkathon:
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 – Vinoy Park; Two and four-legged friends are invited to join in this fun-filled, family community event. For information, to volunteer or to donate call: Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. at 941.729.5665 or visit GuideDogsWalkathon.org
Valentine’s Day 5KCharity Run – Showing the Community Some Love:
- Saturday, February 14, 2015 – Vinoy Park, St. Petersburg, FL • 701 Bayshore Drive, NE For more information visit: active.com/st-petersburg-fl/running
St. Petersburg Downtown Neighborhood Association 2015 Sunshine Awards
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015 – St. Petersburg Yacht Club – 6:00 PM; Pete DNA launches a new annual tradition to recognize and celebrate the people, places and events that make downtown St. Pete a great place to live, work and play. For more information or to buy tickets visit: www.stpetedna.org