It is a fact that although homeowners remodel for myriad reasons, almost all are focused on one key goal – enjoying their new space. Secondarily, when it comes time to sell their homes, homeowners anticipate that their upgrades and improvements will yield to higher sales prices.
Here is a list of improvements that are poised to add more value:
- Designer Kitchen: Kitchen remodeling is one of the best investments you can make for your home. Statistics show that with a minor renovation, you get about 88% of your investment back; with a major kitchen renovation, you get back about 69% of your costs.
- Stylish Tiles: Tiles are not only durable for busy and high traffic areas, but are also extremely versatile with endless options of color, design and size. Extra-large tiles can transform residential spaces by creating a sense of spaciousness and minimalism.
- Outdoor Living Spaces: Partially or fully covered patios and decks help maximize your living space while allowing you to take advantage of cool breezes, sunshine and nature.
- Painting: Painting and working with color is an easy way to give any room a facelift. Muted motifs are expected to dominate in 2016, with palettes featuring variations of whites, off-whites and charcoal.
- Natural Fiber Carpets and Rugs: Made of tightly woven plant-based material, natural fiber carpets and rugs are durable and eco-friendly. Their simplicity can balance bold statement pieces and add texture.
- Roofing, windows, siding and garage door replacements: These improvements are the top of most valuable, return on your investment exterior improvements you can make.
Projects with Payoff: NAR Remodeling Impact Report 2015