Lifestyles by Estelia … October in St. Petersburg
Sound the trumpets ….. October has arrived! After a hot and humid summer it is a pleasure to welcome autumn and the array of activities it brings to our city.
Foremost, October celebrates the return of snowbirds and tourists. Our restaurants and cafes suddenly overflow and business owners add to their employee-base to keep up with the demands. October marks the beginning of numerous charity fundraisers as well a calendar full of interesting programs sponsored by civic organizations. It’s Halloween in the Old Northeast with amazing decorations and family-friendly events, new exhibits at our museums, Oktoberfest parties, the Susan Komen and other 5k and 10k races.
Yes, there is something for everybody in St. Petersburg and it all begins in October. In my Lifestyle posts for the month, I’ll share with you various happenings. Let me know if you have any questions or need additional information. 727-686-2859, email at Estelia@kw.com or post a comment.
Races for the Month:
- 10.2: 2nd Annual HOT Run 5k/10k – St. Pete Beach
- 10/10: Flying Mullet 5k and One Mile Doggie Dash – Gulfport
- 10/11: Komen Florida Suncoast Race for the Cure: 5K run, 1M fun run, kids run, 5K walk, 1M walk – St. Petersburg
- 10/25: Run and Renew 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run – St. Petersburg
- 10/26: Florida Halloween Halfathon and 5k – St. Petersburg
- 10/26: 6th Annual Florida Halloween Halfathon and 5k – Tierra Verde
Additionally, Downtown has a running club that meets three times a week. They run various distances at different locations around town and end at a local pub. Check out their website for locations and times. www.RunningForBrews.com