It’s that time of year again when the Old Northeast neighborhood is abuzz with all things Halloween. In case you haven’t noticed residents have been decorating their homes and yards for weeks in anticipation of the October 31st celebration, the biggest of its kind in the Tampa Bay area.
Themes run the gamut of simple carved pumpkins on porches to full-blown horror spectacles complete with skeletons, ghosts, zombies, tombstones, black cats, flickering lights and chilling sound effects. The streets quickly fill with throngs of children (young and old) begging for goodies. Hope you get your share.
Other Halloween Attractions of interest:
- Ghost Tour St. Petersburg: 90 minute walking tour of Downtown St. Petersburg and waterfront district led by costumed guides. 8pm. For details: Call 727-894-4678; www.ghosttours.com
- Spooktacular Day at Great Explorations: Family fun activities include candy crafts, spooky science projects and making hand puppets. For more information: Call 727-821-8992; www.greatexplorations.org
- Limberlost Swamp: For kids 10 and older. Search for a witch’s shack and candy in a voodoo cursed swamp. 6pm-11:59pm. Call: 727-329-8151 for more information.
- Graveyard Skate Party: Halloween party on wheels! Prizes for best ramp trick and best costume. 6pm-11:59pm. Cost $13. Schoolyard Skatepark. Call 727-592-4948 for details.
- Harp-O-Ween: Adult. Side Door Blues at the Palladium. Costumes encouraged. 8pm. Call: 727-822-3590; www.spcollege.edu/palladium