What would you call a city with 361 days of sunshine a year? A city with an average temperature of 73 degrees throughout the year?
We “locals” call it “Paradise”! The maps call it St. Petersburg, Florida!
St. Petersburg, a 60-square-mile city of 251,000 people, is the economic hub of Pinellas County. With 244 miles of shoreline along Tampa Bay, the Gulf of Mexico and the Intracoastal Waterway, St. Petersburg has the largest municipal marina in the region. It’s a city of museums, waterfront parks, libraries and great homes. Whether you are a business professional seeking to relocate or a family looking for a better future, St. Petersburg is where you should be.
A January ’06 economic scorecard, comparing Charlotte, Dallas, Raleigh, Atlanta and Jacksonville, named the St Petersburg region at or near the top of the list for:
- Job creation, employment and labor force growth
- Income and productivity
Did You Know? The City of St. Petersburg was founded in 1888 and incorporated in 1892. It is now the fourth largest city in Florida, and has been judged America’s most livable community by the Partners for Livable Communities, a non-profit organization that assesses quality of life in cities around the country. Forbes Magazine says St. Petersburg is the best place for business and career opportunities in Florida. It has been rated in survey after survey as one of the top places to run a small business; and, Southern Business and Development calls the downtown area “the best in the South.”
The Dynamic Downtown Area: Many of the world’s great cities have waterfront locales, and St. Petersburg has one of the best. Situated along prestigious Beach Drive, are some of the City’s most desirable properties:
- Bayfront Tower: 1 Beach Drive, SE: 240 residential condos and 11 commercial units
- Florencia: 100 Beach Drive, NE: 49 residential condos and 2 retail shops
- The Ovation: 180 Beach Drive, NE: 42 tower residences and 3 city homes
- The Cloisters: 288 Beach Drive, NE: 32 residential condos and a market/deli/coffee shop on the 1st floor
- Parkshore: 400 Block – Beach Drive, NE: 117 residences (includes 21 townhomes and 96 units in the tower)
- Vinoy Place: 555 5th Avenue, NE: 102 unit condo complex plus 10 city homes
If you are interested in learning more about these fabulous locations, please give me a call or visit my website. I’ll be waiting!