An open house is an important way to increase the number of prospective buyers that tour your home and increase exposure for your property.
A successful open house takes planning. From years of experience, here are a few tips recommended by the Mesimer Team.
- Take the time to properly stage your home: Your realtor will be familiar with comparable properties and what prospective buyers will want to see from your home. Take the time to declutter each room so buyers can picture themselves in the home. (Read my previous blog: Staging Your Home: 5.13.2015)
- Pay attention to your home’s curb appeal: The first impression of your property is critical to buyers coming in to see the interior. (See my previous blogs: Revamping Your Yard: 7.27.2015 and Dressing Up the Front of Your House: 2.6.2015)
- Advertise your upcoming open house: In addition to including your upcoming open house in the MLS Pinellas County data base, your realtor should market the event in the newspaper and online. Your realtor will also want to put open house signs in busy intersections near your home with a string of balloons and arrows to point traffic in the right direction of your home.
- Provide the ideal setting for your home on the day of the open house: This means removing all vehicles from your driveway, opening blinds and drapes, turning on lights in your home, having some soft music playing in the background to set the mood, and perhaps even baking some cookies in the oven to create a welcoming aroma.
- Professional marketing flyers: Your realtor should provide prospective buyers with several professional quality photos and convincing reasons why they should consider your home.