Most people contemplating condo living make their decision based on the amenities offered by the community. One such amenity is the community pool.
If having a pool is important to you, then you will want to be sure to ask the following questions.
- Is the pool heated? To what temperature is the pool heated? Is it heated only when the air temperature is within a certain range, or certain months of the year? How is it heated? Some condos in downtown St. Petersburg have been converted to geothermal heating, for efficiency and cost savings.
- What’s the pool size and depth? If you are a competitive swimmer, having a regulation lap length may be important. Are there separate areas for lap swimmers and for people just relaxing and having fun?
- What about children? Do they need to be accompanied by adults? Are there only certain times that children can use the pool?
- What are the pool hours? This can be important not only for your use, if you plan to swim early in the morning or late in the evening, but for your enjoyment. If your condo is directly above or beside the pool, what are the noise implications?
- Can the pool be reserved for private parties? Can you bring food and drinks to the pool? Are there any restrictions on bringing friends or houseguests to the pool?
Although some of these questions may have fixed answers such as pool dimensions, others may change as they are subject to condo association rules and regulations.
Working with a knowledgeable realtor is an important step in securing this type of condo information. Call the Mesimer Team today so we may help you explore the many wonderful opportunities of condo living in beautiful St. Petersburg.