Real Estate Tips and Trends… Finding the Right Home
It’s no secret that house hunting is a process. It means staying focused and on budget, especially if you are taking on a mortgage. Over the years I’ve helped people develop strategies to ensure that they stay on target. Here are a few steps that you may find helpful. Questions or comments – Please call me at 727-686-2859 or email email@example.com
- Establish your goal. Whether you are searching for a dream house, upgrading your current home or looking to downsize, it is imperative to determine what your motivating factor is. This will eliminate wasted time spent viewing homes that don’t meet your priority.
- Make a wish list. Once you have determined your main objective, it’s time to make a list of the amenities and additional features you expect from the property you eventually buy. Brainstorming the “must-haves” and the “nice-to-haves” will help to further narrow down your search field.
- Get pre-approved. Getting mortgage pre-approval will set your budget straight. You’ll find out exactly how much you can afford to spend.
- Look for hidden expenses. There are potential money traps within any house. Find out when major appliances, water heater, roof, etc were last replaced. You don’t want to be surprised by big expenses shortly after moving in.
- Investigate. Check out the house you are interested in at different times of the day. Is it a traffic nightmare? Does it get noisy? What are the neighbors like? The worst thing that can happen is buying a house only to discover you hate the neighborhood.