Pampered dogs seem to be everywhere these days and downtown St. Petersburg is no exception. Walk along Beach Drive and you will find residents dining al fresco with their pooches morning, noon and night.
Here is a sampling of establishments who happily cater to dog owners and their pets.
- Bella Brava: 204 Beach Drive NE has a dog friendly patio where your pooch will be treated to a water bowl of his very own.
- Cassis American Brasserie: 170 Beach Drive NE has a full menu created just for dogs, including “Mutt” loaf – 4 ounces of ground beef or “Bark de Triumph” – a tart shell filled with vanilla ice cream.
- 400 Beach Seafood & Tap House: 400 Beach Drive NE welcomes dogs on their patio as long as they are on a leash and well behaved.
- Ceviche: 10 Beach Drive NE allows dogs at all of their outside tables on the sidewalk. Ceviche will provide water for your dog and sometimes treats.
- Parkshore Grill: 300 Beach Drive, NE offers an area on the patio for dogs and their owners to relax and enjoy together.
As a responsible pet owner, it would be wise and courteous to plan ahead when frequenting an eating establishment. Keep in mind not all patrons are dog lovers so it is important that:
- Your pet has been fed, watered and walked as thoroughly as possible. There’s nothing like having a hungry, thirsty and anxious dog eyeing your food with mournful eyes.
- Your pet is well groomed and has a secure collar and leash.