With so much information just a few clicks away online, clients sometimes ask, “Why should I hire a real estate agent?” They wonder if they could buy or sell a home on their own through the Internet.
According to Zillow research, 36% of sellers attempt to sell their homes themselves, but challenges along the way lead many of them to eventually hire an agent. In the end, only 11% of sellers end up selling their home without a real estate agent.
When you work Estelia, you are working with an experienced professional.
With over 20 years in real estate, specializing in Pinellas County, she understands fair market value and pricing strategies and can help you get as much money out of your house as possible, while still appealing to a wide range of buyers.
Estelia Mesimer – RE/MAX Metro St. Petersburg, FL
Other reasons for hiring Estelia Mesimer as your realtor of choice
1. Objective listing expert. Estelia has a thorough understanding of the St. Petersburg market. Her goal is to show your home in the best light. Her relationships with stagers and photographers result in highlighting the best features and amenities of your home. “Staging and professional photography are a must in today’s competitive real estate market”, says Estelia.
Research shows that professional real estate photos can help a listing sell faster than comparable homes without professional photography and that a minimum of six images are viewed more frequently on websites.
In a survey by the National Association of Realtors, homebuyers rated photos as the feature they use most when searching for a home on the web. Online listings with bad pictures or worse, no pictures at all, can cause buyers to overlook your home from the get-go.
According to HGTV (https://www.hgtv.com/design/real-estate/take-better-real-estate-photos), if you are selling your home through an agent, find out who will be photographing your home. Some agents, especially those representing pricier properties, opt to hire professional photographers to get the best shots possible, while others choose to take photos themselves. Look at the agency’s website for an idea of the quality of photos you can expect from them.
2. Access to extensive market exposure. Via Pinellas County MLS (https://www.remax.com/realestatehomesforsale/pinellascounty-fl-p001.html) and online listing portals, social media presence, professional networks, connections with other agents, and name recognition, Estelia will do everything she can to get a lot of eyes on your listing and plenty of potential buyers in the front door.
Statistics show that 92% of buyers look for real estate online before making their purchase. Estelia’s extensive marketing plan combined with the RE/MAX Metro brand guarantees that your property will receive the maximum internet exposure possible.
3. Negotiation skills. As an experienced agent, Estelia can spot serious buyers and guide you toward the strongest offers. She’s extremely familiar with both the selling process and the St. Petersburg market, so she can recommend appropriate counteroffers.
An agent’s role in negotiation is based on the principle that bargaining sessions have a common goal that is somewhat mutually beneficial. “When a recently-widowed owner of a property in Bayway Isles contacted me, she had already received a cash offer from an investor. After doing a market analysis, it was my professional opinion that the property should be listed at $475,000 – an amount considerably higher than the offer made to her. The owner agreed. We received multiple offers at the listing price of $475,000 and sold the property for $480,000 – cash, much to the delight of the owner.”
1. Buyer representation. When you sign on with Estelia as your Buyer Representative, you are treated as client – not a customer. She will help you to achieve the best possible home buying experience.
2. Buyer Representation Agreement Protects Your Interests. In real estate transactions where buyers use an exclusive buyer’s agent they move from being a buyer in the transaction to being a client of the agent’s real estate broker. As a client you are entitled to a higher level of service than when you are a buyer customer.
What this means:
- With a buyer representation agreement the agent is no longer obligated to get the best possible price for the seller, but is now legally obligated to act in your best fiduciary interests.
- Becoming a client typically involves signing a Buyer Representation Agreement with a buyer’s real estate agent, who then owes you fiduciary duties, including to exercise discretion when acting on your behalf, including adhering to very specific responsibilities, obligations, and high standards of good faith and loyalty.
- A Florida Buyer Agent Agreement is structured to protect your interest as a buyer. It states both buyers and broker’s responsibilities in the Buyer Agent contract.
Bottom line: Sellers and buyers need a seasoned real estate professional to guide them through the purchase and sale process and all the “legalese” that comes with it. Estelia is that professional.
Florida Real Estate Contracts and Contract Forms: https://www.uslegalforms.com/realestatecontracts/florida-real-estate-contracts-forms.htm
St. Petersburg Communities
Greater Pinellas Point
Historic Old Northeast
Historic Roser Park
Isla del Sol
If you’re interested in any of these of communities or live in one of them and are thinking of selling, please call Estelia today.